Sunday, September 18, 2016

Why I'm at MATC

I am pursuing my degree in the Web and Software Developer program at Milwaukee Area Technical College. Why did I decide to pursue this program? When I was younger, making a personal page was the "cool" thing to do and some of the websites allowed HTML coding. I didn't know it at the time, but as I was turning my page into something that described me visually, I was teaching myself to code. Ever since then I believe programming to be my passion in life.

Now to why I chose MATC instead other schools in the Milwaukee area. I needed a school that has great programs, something I could afford and that is flexible with my schedule. I currently work full-time with a night shift schedule. MATC has an abundance of classes that are offered online, and many night classes that I am able to attend before I come into work.

This will be my second semester here and I am loving every minute of it. From all the people I meet to all the new things I'm learning. Once I finish my degree and become employed, I know I can apply everything I learned here to the ever growing IT programming field.


1 comment: